Sunday, March 8, 2020

Fnhon DB11: Seatpost, Saddle, Kickstand

This will be a short blog post, showing some of the new parts that will be used for the Fnhon DB11. Most of the drivetrain and Di2 components from the Dahon MuEX will be moved over to the Fnhon DB11, so there is no need to buy new parts.

When I sold away the Dahon MuEX, I had replaced the drivetrain with a mechanical 1x10 speed drivetrain. However, some parts could not be replaced as I have no spare ones, so I had to sell those together, in order to sell as a complete bike. Examples would be the seat post, saddle, etc.

Therefore, I needed to get a new seat post and saddle for the Fnhon DB11. For a lightweight and strong seat post, Litepro is a good choice. If you get the really lightweight version, it will weigh just over 300 grams, which is really good. However, it is not as strong, as the saddle clamp design is just not robust enough.

Minimalist saddle clamp design which does not look robust enough.

I needed the saddle clamp design to be of the stronger type, which I came across on the Crius seat post some time ago. This saddle clamp design has more support for the saddle rail, as well as more clamping area. I prefer this as I can pair it with a carbon saddle rail.

Now, the Crius seat post has been rebranded as a Litepro seat post, but it is of a different model as the lightweight version. The main difference is the saddle clamp design.

New Litepro seat post with a stronger saddle clamp design. However, it is also heavier at 413 grams.

This saddle clamp is stronger as the clamp is a single piece, while there is support both on top and below the saddle rails.

As I also needed a new saddle, I decided to try out a lightweight carbon saddle from Toseek. This is the same brand as the lightweight carbon handlebar which I also bought for this Fnhon DB11. However, it is quite a bit cheaper than the Selle Italia ones which I used previously. Let's hope the ergonomics and comfort will be decent!

Just 130 grams! Similar to the lightweight Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow and also the SLR Titanium saddle.

Some perforations on the saddle as part of the design. I wonder if it will trap dirt and dust.

Full carbon shell and saddle rails.

The finishing of the saddle cover over the carbon shell looks quite decent.

Finally, I also got a new kickstand for the Fnhon DB11, as it is really useful to have. The tricky part is getting the kickstand length correct, as the larger 451 wheels means that the kickstand has to be slightly longer than a kickstand for 406 wheels.

Kickstand for 451 wheel size, one of the lightest at just 158 grams.

With these miscellaneous parts ready, the assembly of the Fnhon DB11 can start!

4 comments:

  1. Do you know what is the model of this rebranded Crius seatpost? I'm trying to find a LitePro that can take more than 80kg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look for the Litepro A52 seat post.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. Did you mean the A62 instead?

      Curious thing is that the Crius was rated for 105kg previously whereas the A62 seems technically rated for 80kg still

      Delete
    3. Yes I meant the A62. Not sure about the rated weight, but I'm referring to the saddle clamp design which is different between A61 and A62.

      Delete

Every comment is moderated before publishing due to spam bots. If you don't see your comment yet, it is likely that it is currently being reviewed. Thank you for your patience!